Supporting You During Your Therapy Journey
Therapy is a journey of self-discovery, and I’m here to support you in taking this huge step. In our sessions, we will create a safe space where your authentic self can feel seen, heard, and understood. We will explore your story and identity with a sense of curiosity to discover new perspectives and make meaning together.
Fostering Trust and Care
As a relational therapist, my priority is to foster trust and care with my clients to allow for collaboration and vulnerability. Together, we’ll focus on your emotions to learn how they impact your thoughts, beliefs, and patterns. We will dive deeper into your past experiences to uncover the root causes of your concerns. Throughout our work, I will provide coping strategies and tools for you to use in your daily life.
My Psychotherapy Focus
With diverse training, I support individuals facing challenges like anxiety, depression, grief, relationship concerns, disordered eating, and trauma. It is important to me to provide culturally responsive and gender affirming care. If you’re ready to explore how therapy can contribute to your well-being, call for a free 15-minute consultation. Let’s embark on this transformative journey towards healing together.
Contact and More Info
As an LGPC, I practice under the supervision of Anna Kaspark, District of Columbia, LICSW #LC50081734
Or click here: request an appointment online
I provide both teletherapy and in-person therapy in our Dupont Circle offfice in Washington, D.C. I am licensed to work with clients who reside in D.C.
Learn more about what you need to know before starting online therapy.
Experience and Education
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Philosophy in Education (M.Phil.Ed.,) Professional Counseling
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.,) Counseling and Mental Health Services
- The George Washington University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Political Science
- Clinical Internship at Recovered and Restored Eating Disorder Therapy Center, a private group practice in Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Practicum at The General George G. Meade School, an elementary and middle school in Philadelphia, PA
Dana Kippen, LGPC
Dana helps clients in Washington, D.C. with anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, and body-image concerns.
Contact us today about finding a therapist who is a fit for you.