Using Therapy to Gain New Perspectives
Therapy is a space for you to show up as your authentic self, while feeling heard and understood. In the safe environment we will build, therapy will help you gain new perspectives into your thoughts, feelings, and patterns. From there, we will work together to find ways for you to practice self-compassion and create meaning from your lived experiences.
Focusing on You During Therapy
My primary goal as a relational therapist is to build a solid foundation of trust and care with my clients. Growth happens when we are able to be vulnerable and dive deeper as a team in session. For this reason, we will often focus on your emotions, and what they are trying to tell you. I will encourage you to become curious about your values, roles, and identities. I may also provide new strategies for coping, and other useful tools to take with you outside of session.
My Psychotherapy Focus
In my training, I have worked with clients of all ages who experience disordered eating and body-image concerns. I also see clients that have co-occurring concerns, including OCD, anxiety, depression, grief, and trauma. It is very important to me to work from the Health at Every Size model, and to provide culturally-responsive and gender-affirming care.
Contact and More Info
As an LGPC, I practice under the supervision of Anna Kaspark, District of Columbia, LICSW #LC50081734
Or click here: request an appointment online
Until August of 2023, I am only able to provide teletherapy to people in Washington, D.C.
Learn more about what you need to know before starting online therapy.
Experience and Education
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Philosophy in Education (M.Phil.Ed.,) Professional Counseling
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.,) Counseling and Mental Health Services
- The George Washington University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Political Science
- Clinical Internship at Recovered and Restored Eating Disorder Therapy Center, a private group practice in Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Practicum at The General George G. Meade School, an elementary and middle school in Philadelphia, PA
Dana Kippen, LGPC
Dana helps clients with disordered eating & body-image concerns. She also helps with clients with OCD, anxiety, depression, grief, and trauma
We are currently accepting appointments for new clients. Contact us today about finding a psychotherapist who is a fit for you.