Jessica’s Psychotherapy Approach
Therapy leads to deeper understanding. Deeper understanding leads to lasting change.
I encourage people to be curious about themselves. By looking closer at our thoughts, feelings, and reactions, we can notice patterns. When we notice patterns, we have the opportunity to see what we like and don’t like about them. Then, we can make conscious changes in our lives.
Please note that as of 9/25/23, I will be seeing clients in an online capacity only. You can learn more about benefits of online counseling here: Online Therapy Sessions
Navigating Life’s Challenges through Psychotherapy
We navigate life’s challenges best when we have the support of ourselves and those around us. Therapy is no different. The best therapy happens when there is trust and kindness between you and me. I work to help people feel comfortable and to create a collaborative and judgment-free environment. My approach is both empathic and direct. On top of feeling less anxiety or depression, people often have more self awareness and self compassion as a result of therapy.
I use psychodynamic, client-centered, and cognitive behavioral therapy to address every client’s unique needs.
People who reach out to me are often looking for help with:
- Life adjustments
- Family stressors
- Relationship issues
Or click here: request an appointment online
Experience And Education
Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC) in the District of Columbia.
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Philosophy, Professional Counseling
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Education, Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Penn State University, Master of Art, Labor and Employment Relations
- Clinical Internship at Elwyn, Community Behavioral Health Agency in Philadelphia
- Clinical Internship at YES Philly, a second-chance high school in Philadelphia
- Practicum Placement at General George G. Meade School in Philadelphia
I work under the supervision of Charlotte Blutstein, LPC (PRC14412)
Jessica Brown, LGPC
Looking for lasting change? Reach out to Jessica to talk about how she would approach your therapy needs.
We are currently accepting appointments for new clients. Contact us today about finding a psychotherapist who is a fit for you.