I help people who want to grow, learn, heal, and excel.
It can be hard to navigate life’s challenges on our own. Regardless of what the challenge is, healing comes from self-awareness and self-compassion—that’s where our work will start.
People who seek my help often are experiencing:
- Chronic Pain and Illness
- Anxiety Related Issues
- Trauma, especially related to pain or injury
While exploring thoughts, feelings, and experiences, we work together to identify areas of change.
Building Deeper Mind-body Connections
My focus is on not just how you’re suffering, but also on your personal strengths. Together, we can help you understand and uncover how to best address your pain.
I help my clients foster a deeper connection between mind, body, and spirit. We achieve this through the use of evidence-based therapy practices like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic psychotherapy, and mind-body techniques. This helps you build an integrated sense of self and a more resilient ability to manage the stressors of life.
I particularly enjoy working with the unique issues that face emerging adults (those aged 18-30), as well as people living with chronic illnesses.
Or click here: request an appointment online
- The George Washington University, Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- The George Washington University, PhD, Counseling, expected 2021
- Georgetown University, Master of Science, Physiology and Biophysics, Concentration in Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
- The George Washington University’s Community Counseling Services Center
- Healthy Foundations Group
- Office of Career Services, GWU Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- Cawley Career Education Center, Georgetown University
Samara Richmond, LGPC, NCC
Samara Richmond brings a holistic approach to her work that allows for lasting change, not just symptom reduction.
We are currently accepting appointments for new clients. Contact us today about finding a psychotherapist who is a fit for you.