Position Overview: Psychotherapist will provide outpatient individual, group, and couples therapy to patients of Rock Creek Therapy PLLC. Clinical therapy services include treatment of adults, couples and families, as Psychotherapist’s experience and skills dictate. Successful psychotherapists at Rock Creek Therapy are:
- About themselves. We’re constantly growing as people and professionals. Being open to how this work effects us and how we effect the work is an important part of professional growth.
- About others. Caring curiosity keeps us inquisitive of our patients’ experience and their progress in therapy. What motivates this specific person? What’s getting in their way? Why?
- About psychotherapy. We’re motivated to continue to learn more about the brain, attachment, trauma treatment, and so much related to the practice of psychotherapy. We’re life-long learners.
Compassionate. We do this because we care about people and want to help them heal, manage their lives better, and feel better.
Exceptional. The people who we serve expect effective treatment that helps them feel better and live their lives more deeply. We strive to be exceptional psychotherapists providing productive, evidenced based psychotherapy.
About Rock Creek Therapy PLLC:
Rock Creek Therapy has two goals; to provide exceptional patient care to the people we treat, and to offer a home and community for therapists to provide services, support each other, and to continue to learn and grow as effective psychotherapists.
Rock Creek Therapy exists so that the psychotherapists can focus on the art and science of psychotherapy. With Rock Creek Therapy taking care of marketing, administration, operations, and finances, the psychotherapists that make up Rock Creek Therapy are able to completely focus on providing patient care and their professional development.
Charlotte Blutstein started Rock Creek Therapy in 2014 with the goal of providing a structure and home for psychotherapists who wanted to work in private practice but didn’t want to deal with the challenges of being a small business owner. Without the challenge of running a business, associates are able to more completely focus their professional time and energies on new trainings, skills, and effective patient care. Rock Creek Therapy sets out to take care of the psychotherapist, so the psychotherapist can take the best possible care of the patient.
Reports to: Emily Wietmarschen, Clinical Director
- Perform on-site and virtual clinical counseling/psychotherapy services to patients of Rock Creek Therapy, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
- Hold proper licensure and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of conduct that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Rock Creek Therapy.
- Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within one business day, whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Rock Creek Therapy website. Respond to such requests by scheduling then meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
- Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
- Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Rock Creek Therapy or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion (within a week of the session date). Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
- Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Rock Creek Therapy.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Rock Creek Therapy.Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Rock Creek Therapy. Be respectful, cooperative, and collaborative with co-workers.Have a passion for working with others and helping our team members grow and learn.Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Align with Rock Creek Therapy values related to staying curious and compassionate.
- Must be punctual in reporting to work.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work; and
- Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LICSW, LMFT or LPC) in the District of Columbia and any other states in which candidate is interested in providing services. Copies of licenses must be provided to Rock Creek Therapy.
- Available to hold at least 20 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in a private practice setting highly preferred.
- At least three years’ experience.
This position is not right for you if you’re:
- Someone just looking for a job to clock in and out of.
- Someone who doesn’t feel passion for our mission, vision and values.
- Someone who’s not a team player or prefers not to work collaboratively.
- Someone who wants to own their own business in the near future. If that’s you, awesome! But we’re not the place for you. We dedicate a lot of time to our teams, and provide the flexibility, autonomy and space to allow each member of our team to get creative in their role. The ideal person is invested in time and energy in Rock Creek Therapy.
- Struggle to take direct and constructive feedback.
For consideration, please contact [email protected]